Canterbury School is an independent, coeducational day school offering a college preparatory education to students in Early Childhood through Grade 12. The school seeks to enroll students of diverse talents and backgrounds. Canterbury promotes the total development of each child in his or her intellectual, physical, social and spiritual growth.
We believe students should develop a strong and broad base of knowledge, a genuine love for and appreciation of the challenges of learning, and an understanding of the implications of Christian principles in their daily lives.
The goals of Canterbury School are:
- To provide a challenging educational program based on a strong college preparatory curriculum.
- To promote intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- To develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- To encourage students to develop their potential through participation in a full range of school programs and activities.
- To provide and support opportunities for students to learn and practice leadership skills.
- To nurture in each student self-confidence, self-worth and integrity.
- To instill a sense of community responsibility and service.
- To create an awareness of the standards, obligations and enduring values of life.